In celebration of its 10th anniversary, the program launched the annual Club Melbourne Fellowship.
The objective of the Club Melbourne Fellowship is to support the next generation of Melbourne’s research leaders and potential future Club Melbourne Ambassadors.
The Club Melbourne Fellowship delivers community benefits through education, networking and collaboration.
2018 Club Melbourne Fellowship Finalists:
Congratulations to our five 2018 Fellowship finalists - View Finalist details here.
The 2018 Club Melbourne Fellow will be awarded at the Program's annual anniversary dinner on Monday 13 August.
Club Melbourne Fellow Benefits:
One fellowship is available annually for a Victorian based mid-career researcher, including the following:
- Invitations to attend all of Club Melbourne’s main events for that year.
- The opportunity to present research at the End of Year Club Melbourne event.
- Promotion to the exclusive Club Melbourne network including profiling of the Fellow on the Club Melbourne website and in an issue of the Club Melbourne newsletter.
- Funding of $10,000 to support costs for research that must include but is not limited to attendance of an international conference specifically for enabling access to a program of research.
- Awarded at the Club Melbourne Anniversary Dinner.
Applications are managed by the Research Office from each university or research institution. The Research Offices are permitted to submit a maximum of one submission and these applications will make the finalists group.
The shortlisted Fellowship finalists will be offered the opportunity to attend the Club Melbourne Anniversary Dinner, and have their profiles promoted via a media release and directly to the exclusive network.
To qualify for consideration for the 2018 Club Melbourne Fellowship, applicants must be:
- Within 5 years from conferral of PhD or with career disruptions* within 10 years from conferral of PhD,
- Applying for funds to support costs for research that must include but is not limited to attendance at an international conference specifically for enabling access to a relevant program of research,
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia,
- A current Victorian resident and currently affiliated with a Victorian university or research institute (adjunct/honorary status is not eligible).
*Career disruption accounts for maternal or paternal leave only.
Applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated research excellence through academic achievements, significance and impact of research, awards, publications, and links with Government policy.
- Demonstrated characteristics of interdisciplinary collaboration, community engagement or support, leadership, and initiative.
- How attendance at the identified international conference and proposed research would enhance career progression.
For more information on the fellowship including how to apply, the judging process, the requirements and terms and conditions, please refer to the Club Melbourne Fellowship Application Guide.
Please note: Club Melbourne will only accept one application per Victorian university or research institute submitted by the Research Offices. Individual applications will not be accepted.
Please contact your Research Office for more information on how to submit your application form and supporting documents before Thursday 29 March 2018.
Application Guide Application Form
| 29 January 2018
| 29 March 2018
|Applications close - University/institute Research Office submission deadline
| 1 June 2018
|Finalist applications due - Research Office submit ONE finalist to CMAP
| June - July 2018
|23 July 2018
||Shortlisted finalists announced
|13 August 2018
||2018 Fellow announced at Club Melbourne Anniversary Dinner
| 1 September 2018 - 31 August 2019
||Term of the 2018 Club Melbourne Fellowship
For more information on the Club Melbourne Ambassador Program and the 2018 Club Melbourne Fellowship, please contact Club Melbourne on email@example.com.
For more information on the application process within your university or research institute, please contact the Research Office directly.