In celebration of its 10th anniversary, the program is proud to launch the Club Melbourne Fellowship.
The objective of the Club Melbourne Fellowship is to support the next generation of Melbourne’s research leaders and potential future Club Melbourne Ambassadors.
The Club Melbourne Fellowship delivers community benefits through education, networking and collaboration.
Congratulations to the 2017 Fellowship winner, Associate Professor Dominique Cadilhac of Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health.
View the 2017 Club Melbourne Fellowship Finalists here.
One fellowship is available annually for a Victorian based mid-career researcher, including the following:
- Invitations to attend all of Club Melbourne’s main events for that year.
- The opportunity to present research at the End of Year Club Melbourne event.
- Promotion to the exclusive Club Melbourne network including profiling of the Fellow on the Club Melbourne website and in an issue of the Club Melbourne newsletter.
- Funding of $10,000 to support costs for research that must include but is not limited to attendance of an international conference specifically for enabling access to a program of research.
- Awarded at the Club Melbourne Anniversary Dinner.
Applications are managed by the Research Office from each university or research institution. The Research Offices are permitted to submit a maximum of one submission and these applications will make the finalists group. The Fellowship finalists will be offered the opportunity to attend the Club Melbourne Anniversary Dinner, and have their profiles promoted via a press release and directly to the exclusive network.
To qualify for consideration for the 2017 Club Melbourne Fellowship, applicants must be:
- Within 5-10 years from conferral of PhD or with career disruptions within 15 years from conferral of PhD.
- Applying for funds to support costs for research that must include but is not limited to attendance of an international conference specifically for enabling access to a program of research.
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- A current Victorian resident and currently affiliated with a Victorian university or research institute (adjunct/honorary status is not eligible).
Applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated research excellence through academic achievements, significance and impact of research, awards, publications, and links with Government policy.
- Demonstrated characteristics of interdisciplinary collaboration, community engagement or support, leadership, and initiative.
- How attendance at the identified international conference and proposed research would enhance career progression.
For more information on the fellowship including how to apply, the judging process, the requirements and terms and conditions, please refer to the Club Melbourne Fellowship Application Guide.
For more information on the 2016 Club Melbourne Fellowship Finalists, click here.
Club Melbourne will only accept one application per Victorian university or research institute submitted by the Research Offices. Individual applications will not be accepted. Please contact your Research Office for more information on how and when to submit your application form and supporting documents.
Application Guide Application Form
|16 June 2017
||2017 Fellow announced at Club Melbourne Anniversary Dinner
|1 September 2017 - 31 August 2018
||Term of the 2017 Club Melbourne Fellowship
| September 2017
|| Applications open
| 31 March 2018
|| Applications close
| April 2018
|| Judging term
| May 2018
|| Finalists announced
|| 2018 Fellow announced at Club Melbourne Anniversary Dinner
For more information on the Club Melbourne Ambassador Program and the 2017 Club Melbourne Fellowship, please contact Club Melbourne on email@example.com.
For more information on the application process within your university or research institute, please contact the Research Office directly.